This project was made for a contest and as usual I wanted to overdo it trying to make something too demanding for the time available 😅
The initial idea was to do everything as hyper-realistic as possible, but I realized very quickly that I wouldn't have the time.
After a bit of reference study, I opted for a more "plasticky" look, reminiscent of the Mattel toys of the 1980s.
In short, the scene I had in mind was revolutionized and turned into a sort of diorama. However, I wanted to somehow convey the idea of action, movement, dynamism... I wanted to create a fight scene frozen in time.
I used Blender to create this scene and I worked on different Render Layers so that I could manage the lights of each level separately. In the end I composed everything with Blender Compositing, actually making everything with Blender without the help of other external software.
I didn't win the contest, but I had a great time and I had the excuse to work on this project that I had been keeping in the drawer for a long time.
I do not exclude that one day I will pick it up again to try to reach the level of detail and realism with which it was initially conceived.
You can find a more detailed breakdown here: https://blenderartists.org/t/i-have-the-power-masters-of-the-universe-fanart/1415762